harmony of the spheres - Re: [microsound] Moon

sorry, i haven't been following this thread closely, but thought these might
be somewhat relevant:

http://www.samos.net/harmony.htm

"...and as for the sun and moon, and the stars, it is incredible that they
should fail to produce a noise of surpassing loudness."

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/math5.geometry/unit3/unit3.html#Music%20of%20
the%20Spheres

"[the Pythagoreans] saw that the ... ratios of musical scales were
expressible in numbers [and that] .. all things seemed to be modeled on
numbers, and numbers seemed to be the first things in the whole of nature,
they supposed the elements of number to be the elements of all things, and
the whole heaven to be a musical scale and a number." - Aristotle

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/science/sc-imo5.htm
  The heavenly motions are nothing but a continuous song for several voices
(perceived by the intellect, not by the ear); a music which, through
discordant tensions, through sincopes [sic] and cadenzas, as it were (as men
employ them in imitation of those natural discords) progresses towards
certain pre-designed quasi six-voiced clausuras, and thereby sets landmarks
in the immeasurable flow of time. -- The Harmony of the World (Harmonice
mundi) - Johannes Kepler, 1619

and there are many other very interesting things resulting from a web search
for "harmony of the spheres".

- david