stockhausen, tolsma: same plight, different planet OR "kicking jeremy off the list, there's a stupid idea"

Stockhausen is a hero on this
mailing list, he could advocate eugenics as an artform
and nobody here would kick him off the list.

jeremy, when you start pretending you come from ANOTHER PLANET, then people will let you say things that SOUND bad because we'll figure that you probably meant something else. & in fact, as you've probably found out afterwards, stockhausen was quoted badly & did not mean to condone or advocate the attack.

(the second way to see it would be: even misquoted, did stockhausen "advocate eugenics"? of course, the answer is no, since he made no mention of race, or eugenics (not like he could, as this attack killed samples from all the sorts of so-called "races" you can find in that rather cosmopolitan city that is NYC.) that aside, it seems that "religious crusade" or just "senseless violence" would have been more accurate.)

(the third way to see it is that on a mailing list, lil' stocky wouldn't have been misquoted as he was, so there would have been no reason to kick him off, unless of course he did say something hateful like "I, KARLHEINZ STOCKHAUSEN, DECLARE A PERSONNAL VENDETTA AGAINST JEREMY TOLSMA.")

(of course, i personally avoided the issue because i was busy with sexual favors.)

I think the majority of posters on this group are
braindead idol worshippers.

& that includes some of your biggest fans!

You have your classic
idols that are used to give this list a sense of
history and purpose, such as Stockhausen or Xenakis,
Cage or Riley etc, who never logged onto this list.

since that seems to be such a problem, jeremy, i'd like to read a comprehensive selection of examples of "idol worshipping" happening on this list, or occurences of someone saying (even as a joke) that one "must" or "mustn't" like this or that artist, musical genre or method. not that i think you wouldn't find any; but the only thing i've seen that looked like a theological war (hence worshipping) was about autechre. or maybe some mac vs PC discussions. geeks are such mystics... so anyway, i'd really like to see how the worshipping is really affecting the list & your capacity to post comments.

i'm kidding.  i have no time for that.  but wouldn't it be nice if someone did?

Then you've got your resident idols who use the
mythology to exhalt themselves.  I'm referring to the
Kim Cascones and Taylor Duprees with their lesser
minions, the Ben Neviles and David Turgeons.  These
little clerics scurry around and suck each others
cocks in order to reinforce their hegemony.

think i can add that quote to my résumé?

& i didn't even know i had a hegemony to reinforce.  the things you learn...

<INTERLUDE: jeremy's brain while reading the current message & pondering a response: "GRRR!!! he responded to my clever post about stockhausen! he must LOVE stockhausen! i bet he bought all his CDs at $70+ apiece each!! he even says he gets sexual favors, probably from him!!! of course the sarcasm is only a disguise, a freudian slip!!! & that thing about asking me to show examples of "idol worshipping"!!! i'm not taking orders from anyone much less this idiot!!!!! of course, he wants to RUN the list, that's obvious, that's exactly how he means it!!!!! he probably asked to get me off the list!!! or pushed the button himself!!!! it's obvious he wants total hegemony!!!!! such an undeserving asshole!!!!!!">

"That will teach you to come out from hiding behind the nice safe padded cell of your mother's bosom." (1998)

back to lurking/shrugging...

but you may have the last word, mr. tolsma...

~ david