Re: [microsound] critical

I'm not really disagreeing with marc, but the best minimal art of the 60's and 70's still has an impact for me, mostly on the spiritual/zen side of conciousness. The decades have a way of shaking things out - maybe the only minimal art I keep seeing is the best stuff that has survived (perhaps those are the "gems" marc refers to).  On the other hand, I don't make the distinction between design and content - I think they are really the same, the design can actually be the content (often the case with any minimalist art).

Has anyone heard "Close Open Close" by Robert Lippok (of To Rococo Rot)?  It might be the new face of upcoming microsound (OK, it might not be) - leisurely, evocative, some carefully treated noise, some beats, a sample from Mahler - seems full of meaning but remains completely inscrutable.

michael