Re: [microsound] minidisc question

At 11:57 PM -0600 10/15/01, Jake Hardy wrote:
If I buy one of those pocket minidisc recorders, would I be able to
record my live sets direct lined from my mixing board to the recorder,
or would the sound quality be bad?

If it has a line in, and you keep the gain low enough that it won't clip, you should be fine. OTOH, I once got some interesting results going into the mic input by mistake. But I've found from the board out to the MD is not at all bad.

On that note, can anyone recomend a md recorder that is good for that
purpose

I'm happy with the Sony MZ-R70, but check the features against others before you buy. Check out http://www.minidisc.org/ for info if you haven't already.

HTH,

--