Re: [microsound] minidisc question

I know the origial question was about MD optical out but since we
strayed onto USB devices for MD..

"sfogar@xxxxxxxxx":
> Typo: I know about these USB adaptors but aren't they only an
> adaptor for the  Optical IN -> USB ?

If you mean USB -> Optical IN, yes, as far as I know, that's right.

Xitel have a USB device (called the DG2) which does digital out over
USB to MD optical in (TOSLINK).  It's a proper plug&play device and
presents itself (in Win2000 at least) as a USB sound device.  Does
track marks but no track names (being a pure sound device).

I've been told that Sony's MD with the USB->MD capability uses the
MD's analogue in.  I also think it might be based on the cheaper of
the Xitel devices..the forerunner to the DG2.

An MD which does optical-out to USB-in would be ideal but neither of
these devices is it.

Gordon

np: microstoria, model3, step 2