Re: [microsound] Streaming microsound

Microsounders,

'Net.radio' gets closer to 'real radio' just about every day. You know what I mean: a thousand channels of just about the same content. I won't even get started about 'net.tv', which seems like an even more anachronistic concept from the get-go. The best net-streaming projects I have found provide unique content balanced out with genuine opportunities for user involvement on the community-building level. Many of the project coordinators have also become friends of mine. Here are a few of them:

1) L'Audible: a website set up for "South Specific" (i.e. Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.) sound art and ambient-flavored experimental electronic music.
http://laudible.net/

[[[If you are a web-programming geek, or even a wanna-be like me, the RealPlayer interface itself deserves a bit of attention. My favorite thing is to set it on random. there are several hours of material in their archive, and it gets updated fairly often, so you will never get the same playlist twice.]]]

2) XChange: this site is run by the Re-Lab/RIXC crew out of Riga, Latvia, and provides the most comprehensive overview of the streaming media-arts scene that I have ever found. The net-radio links section alone is worth a visit.
http://xchange.re-lab.net/

[[[XChange also runs a list server for net-radio related postings. Take time to sign up on your way through and see what kind of "community" I'm talking about.]]]

3) Contour.net: based in Leipzig, Germany, the boys at Contour seem to catch all the best acts on tour for their netcasts. They have RealAudio/Video concerts from all the heavyweights: Pole, Pan Sonic, the Mille Plateux tour feat. Vladislav Delay, the Raster-Noton.Oacis show in Berlin, the 20-2000 series live shows... Really amazing collection!
http://contour.net/

4) Radioqualia: Netherlands-based New Zealanders with a taste for minimalism, philosophy and digital-electro-acoustic-experimentation.
http://www.radioqualia.net/

5) TM Selector: another excellent net.radio guide out of the UK. Reviews and links to find what you're REALLY looking for.
http://www.tmselector.net/

I'd be interested to see other microsounders suggestions, and also people's personal webstreaming pages.

Best,
derek
Acoustic.Space.Lab
http://acoustic.space.re-lab.net/lab