Re: [microsound] Mac DJ software?

on 10/27/01 3:12 PM, Michal Seta at mis@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On 10/27/01 12:05 PM, Bill Jarboe @ billjarboe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Another brilliant idea ( one I just thought of ) is to put contact
>> microphones on actual 33 1/3 vinyl records then wave them about , make
>> rustling sounds etc. ( these 'noises' could be processed by the Macintosh)
>> while the d.j.'s are wearing peter pan outfits.  Of course you need  to
>> consider your target audience , who you are trying to impress and why. The
>> aforementioned idea might be good for attracting intelligent women.
>
> .. between ages 5 and 11.
>

> ./MiS

 - surely you are more mature than that. . . it has to do with concepts of
eternal life (duh) and taking risks. I was also thinking of the d.j.'s
wearing string outfits however I didn't want the members of'Twine' to think
I was making fun of them.

 I actually tried the idea this afternoon(wearing levis and a corduroy
shirt) and the results weren't half bad or at least in the realm of what I
imagined. like most things musical it probably takes practice to realize the
potential. It's getting into the 'implied silence' business that I haven't
explored very much( except by accident).

 -was going to rail at you about something you wrote about 'interactive
technology'; maybe later. I will say  I think there are a lot of
cutting-edge things happening, its the way I talk about them that seems
antiquated sometimes. .

                              Bill