RE: [microsound] eno: wired or tired or perceptive?

"The great benefit [of tools like Cubase] is that they remove the issue of
skill, and replace it with the issue of judgment. With Cubase or [an imaging
program like] Photoshop, anybody can actually do anything, and you can make
stuff that sounds very much like stuff you'd hear on the radio, or looks
very much like anything you'd see in magazines. So the question becomes not
whether you can do it or not, because any drudge can do it if they're
prepared to sit in front of the computer for a few days; the question then
is: of all the things you can do now, which do you choose to do? This is a
whole issue for which there are not manuals!"
-Brian Eno