The Sounds of Christmas

For those of you in the San Francisco area...

I'll be trying my hand at Christmas plunderphonics this evening at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The performance will be a mixture of DJing and laptop slicing and dicing. Should be loads of fun - it is certain to be like no other Sutekh live set.

Ho ho ho,
Sutekh Claus

--

Christian Marclay's The Sounds of Christmas
In Our Grand Lobby December 1 thru 31

This project features the artist's collection of more than 1,000 vinyl LPs of Christmas music gathered from thrift stores and used record shops, as well as DJ turntables and sequences of album covers playing on video monitors.

The Sounds of Christmas is presented in collaboration with the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and previews SFMOMA's Christian Marclay exhibit, opening Spring 2002.

The Sounds of Christmas DJ Performances
Admission to the exhibit and all performances is FREE.

Stop by after work or shopping every Thursday night in December to hear local DJs spin Marclay's collection and enjoy festive holiday goodies at Seven01 Cafe.

Thursday, December 20, 5-8 pm
Sutekh

http://www.yerbabuenaarts.org/