OT: powerbook g4 audio input

hello

sorry for the off topic post, but i've been trying to get more information on reliable external USB sound cards (or firewire for that matter) for the TiBook G4... i would ideally like to get one that supports both sound card capabilities as well as MIDI conversion for using hardware with my laptop. i found the Quattro on Midiman's site but read universally negative reviews of it, so I was looking for an alternative or at least a second set of opinions. Please email me off list with any recommendations, links, resources, etc... I've been trying to learn more all day and haven't been able to find what i'm looking for.

thanks.

matt
mmercer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mmercer@xxxxxxxx