parasites/Infected cutter

hi,

I've uploaded infectedcutter.mp3 and infectedcutter.txt to the
uploads directory on the .microsound server. This is my contribution
to the parasites rework project.

The track was constructed entirely on my laptop (rather than my home
studio) in the spirit of microsound. The primary tools used where
PD and Soundforge. The source parasites are 4,15 and 16 - the foreground
sounds (the banging noises) come from a very small section  of
16 and the background coming from heavy processing of parasite 4
convolved with parasite 15. The size is mainly due to the fact my
harddisk is nearly full.

Its been great looking at the parasites release in this much detail - I had
not really listened to this nearly as much as other Cascone releases
(cathodeFlower
and now residulism are firm favourites). When you start getting down in
the samples you realize how rich this material is.

You can find out more about my junklight project (and me for that matter) at
http://www.junklight.com - although junklight covers all sorts of material
the most microsoundy of my recent work is Marinus (go to Music->Recent), You
might like Shallow Breath as well.

cheers

mark

junklight - dark experimental electronics
http://www/junklight.com