Dust Theories

Dust Theories - Kim Cascone - Cycling '74

I recieved this through the post this morning and just wanted to
report that this is an excellent CD. Like the other Cycling '74 cd I
have (I ordered Ammon Wolmans cd by mistake trying to order this
one - but I liked it and kept it) the packaging is lovely - glossy digipack
this time featuring a Man Ray picture of Duchamps "The Great Glass"
and various quotes,comments and bits of info.

It starts off with two longer tracks from the same territory as Residualism,
then a shorter track and two remixes. At first one of which is from
another list member Ben Nevile - this features crunchy beats and vears into
almost
funky areas at times. The second by DJ4'33" is more tranquil and very
beautiful.

All in all an excellent cd. On the strength of this and the Wolmans cd I
an thinking of subscribing to the cycling 74 label.

cheers

mark