Re: [microsound] Re: 12k presents: term.

> well, I wouldn't compare to shitty TV as it seems thaat what you call
self-promotion
> or business is mostly trying to spread the word on music we think is
talented, it is
> certainly not pure strategy for me in BiP_HOp, nor for Taylor Deupree. It
is a labour
> of love.
> have a nice day / philippe

i would agree that promotion (under the possible guise of pretension) is
just business as usual.  there are probably many, many artists we see as
pretentious whose albums we still hurry to buy.  we can only hope they might
be down to earth in real life despite their grandious offerings.  it's
either pretention or the punk aesthetic i suppose, though there's probably
no difference in that either.  i hope to create some fanciful gimmick for
myself one of these days too.  it's just business.

estevan