Re: [microsound] midi clock sync over ethernet

on 16/01/2002 09:43 AM, Christopher Sorg at csorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> How difficult is it to develop xtras for Director?

Well, it isn't as simple as you might think. Writing externals for MAX is a
LOT easier. I would say if you're a seasoned programmer it will be annoying,
but if you're patient with confusing doc and obfuscated C code, you'll be
able to do something eventually.

> I've been doing a lot
> of pic(microcontroller)/MIDI work and would be interested in interfacing
> it.  I'm just curious if I should just go ahead and drop the cash on the
> serial interface xtra, or work on something myself.

Some people sell their xtra for ridiculous prices! Mine will be free for the
taking. You should take a look at the sample code in the xdk, that's the
best place to start.

Garry