Re: [microsound] GIVE ME A BREAK,term. bullshit

And whom exactly are the "chosen ones" that "discover
talents"?? what a crock! how can condemn people for
putting out their music?? and if you have a problem
with the access that people have to releasing what
they feel is good audio, you might want to stay off
line for the rest of your life, because the internet
is far more saturated by peoples music "discovered" or
not.
> But, I still don't know if I would trade
> it for the days where only the discovered talents
> could share their music with the world
> loved ones just isn't enough anymore...

the only "force which leds me to desire" minimal art
is a love for design, or a lack of design in this
case, i think some of the people on this list are
concentrating alittle too much on the things that have
no relevance.
> minimalism has gotten way out of hand in it's second
> coming - and again,
> it's worse because it's actually perpetrated by the
> very same forces which
> have led us to desire it in the first place -
> consumerism!

and last... i dont think any of the serious artists in
the field of electronic/minimal/glitch music today
feel they "invented the wheel" but my personal opinion
is that if there is a conceptual basis behind music it
only enhances the experience. it gives the listener
additional incite to what the artist was trying to get
across or achieve. theres plenty of music in the world
that has absolutely NO thought behind it, and if
people on this list have a problem with conceptual
backed audio they should probably just start buying
cassette singles of current pop songs and radio hits,
this way you can avoid minimal design as well.

thats my 2cents

j.frede
http://ritualdocument.com