Re: [microsound] Madonna

Hi all.

Please excuse my innocence and sincerity.

did you (those who checked out the original contest) notice this?

"""
Ownership:

By entering your Remix in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that (a)
Warner Bros. will maintain ownership of the Master and the Loops, and will
own all Remixes entered by you in the Contest (the Master, the Loops and the
Remixes being herein referred to as the "Materials"), and (b) the publisher
of "Deeper and Deeper"(MCA Music Publishing Inc/ASCAP), "Music" (WB Music
Corp/ASCAP and 1000 Lights Music Limited/Warner-Tamerlane Publishing
Corp/BMI), and "Ray of Light" (Almo Music/ASCAP) will own all publishing
rights in and to the Material.
"""

"""
Affidavits:

[...snip...] Each winner consents to the use of his or her name, voice and
likeness for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation
unless prohibited by law.
"""

So as I innocently see it, anyone of you doing a super-duper remix will have
to forget about it being yours even if some brilliant marketing guy decides
to use it in commercials/promotions for Madonna or other product.
Exploitation?  Cheap labor?

No, it doesn't surprise me.
I've heard similar stories.

../MiS