MIDI portamento times - anybody know a formula....

hello,

I'm trying to work out the rates-of-change of the
notes glides with different portamento time values on
a yamaha MU128 - (maybe the rates-of-change are
standard across most midi-synths - i don;t know) in
semitones/seconds (or similar)

does anybody know of a mathematical formula which will
give me this rate of change (perhaps they know some
info from manufacturers site)?

(i've been doing lots timings and drawing exponential
looking graphs and extracting values - but a nice neat
formula would be great)

thanks
paul
http://www.robotsoftware.co.uk