RE: [microsound] the soothing sounds of max/msp

>I highly recommend the use of red cables, not only
>with MAX but with any audio application.

Does anybody else notice how these threads' devolving into jokes pretty
much guarantees that this thread will crop up again and again unresolved?
Like a soap opera, people seem to be addicted to this kind of nerdy drama,
posed as if the differences between two different software sound
generators (or software vs. hardware, or electronic vs. acoustic, ad
nauseam) are more distinguishable and significant than the different ways
that musicians themselves make music. It is interesting as a
musician/composer to note the differences here, but are these distinctions
at all useful to a listener? Being able to discern which software was used
in a piece tells me absolutely nothing about the music.

Someone once said that a poor craftsman blames his tools; what does that
say about people who keep the statistics on who is blaming what?