Re: [microsound] McCapitalism

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Inigo wrote:

> From: "Andrei" <andrei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > I don't really give a shit to be honest. I like democracy and capitalism.
> > I don't care if what was practiced in Eastern Europe was Marxism, Leninism
> > or Stalinism or whatever. You know, whatever strain of democracy we choose
> > to practice it's still preferable.
> > I pretty much refuse to argue about communism with someone who hasn't
> > actually experienced it anyway. As far as making assumptions about your
> > background, I did so because your name doesn't strike me as Eastern
> > European or Latin American or Asian, etc. and because you are based in
> > Chicago.
> >

> > I love democracy too!    But consider that the capitalistic way of life
> has been built on such infamous ways: think about the way we exploit the
> Third world. Of how we decide the price of African materials.  Think  how
> many times WAR has been used for economical interests.
> Think how often Western Democracies supported Right dictatures for political
> strategies.
> Many errors has been made by Utopias, I know, but often pragmatist
> politicians have read too much Machiavelli.

Yeah, capitalism definitely isn't perfect, I don't think any system
probably can be, but also remember the millions of their own people which
communist dictators slaughtered.

Actually I kind of lied because I'm not a big fan of capitalism. But I
think greed is much more the problem rather than capitalism itself.
I definitely like democracy though. Wow, isn't that an epiphany ? :-)
Maybe I AM a Marxist in the end !?

Andrei