Re: [microsound] women in electronic music

i am going to open myself up to sever flaming but this thread has got to be one of the most pointless lists of names.
what is the point of simply listing a bunch of names (be they female, male, gay, three-legged) with no explanation of who they are, what they do, why they are included.
the thread seemed to be directed at women in *electronic* music and includes an array of names from all over the place...some are really pushing it Meiko Shiomi,for example, electronic music >> come on. what piece? also simply a first or last name ? (in the case of the japanese artists this isn't so clear cut)

maybe we could all think of an original name each and and then list them. that will make it real easy as then we don't have to think when someone complains about a lack of women in electronic music as we can simply send them the list of 200 odd names (hopefully they won't look too close or ask what any of them do or why they were included).

negative criticism this maybe but come on can't the list go further than this.

caleb~

--
http://laudible.net/impaud