Re: [microsound] Re: microsound Digest 17 Feb 2002 12:57:24 -0000 Issue 491

ben,

i use a midisport 2x2 interface from midiman with my pocket controller. it has
two midi ins and outs each. there is an even cheaper version with only one in
and one out. the extra midi in insures you can always add more stuff later on.
valuable.

i really love my pocket controller. the only thing that could be better would
be 4 of them (or the 64 knob drehbeck!) the pocket dial theoretically could be
better, since it has four presets (=64 'virtual' knobs), but i decided to go
cheap and simple.

be sure to download midi-ox to moniter how the midi signals go through your
system (if u use a PC, that is, i guess Macs are a bit better
optimized... ?...)

best of luck,
derek

Quoting ben bracken <bbracken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

--> Hi all,
--> I've been looking at the Doepfer pocket controller and pocket dial in
--> conjunction
--> with the laptop stuff i do, but i don't currently use a midi interface...if
--> i were
--> to go this direction, what is a good way to go?  I'm not up on the Midi
--> converters/interfaces out there...any recommendations would be greatly
--> appreciated!
--> Feel free to mail offlist as well...
-->
--> kind regards,
--> ben
--> now playing: Drumm/Wehowsky, Dylan/Blood on the Tracks, Love/1st half of De
--> Capo
-->