Re: [microsound] northwest venue info needed.

Hey, I'm from Portland. There is the Blackbird, Rabbit Hole, Medicine Hat
Gallery, Club Ohm, B-Complex... and... Well, that's all I can think of off
the top of my head. I'm very sorry but I have no idea what the contact
information for any of these places are. I really should though. Give me a
few days and I can probably come up with something more. My favorite is the
blackbird. I just played there two weeks back and they where very friendly,
humble people. It caters mostly to the Indy-rock crowd but is always willing
to do implemental shows. It's also where the Schematic guys played last
week. Autechre played at B-Complex a while back but they have no liquor
license so that kind of puts a damper and a lot of people's thoughts about
the place. Other then that, it's a nice upscale looking place with modern
looking furniture. ;-) The other places are all Indy-rock clubs that are
open to doing electronic music shows. You might want to get in touch with
these guys: http://www.mimeticmusic.com.  They specialize in IDM and I've
played shows for them in the past. Also Omco records here in PDX puts on a
lot of shows at the blackbird too. http://outwardmusic.com/

-=GB=-