Re: [microsound] Re: TODAY! 2002 2002

hi! visual contribution. http://www.unescape.com/2002/02/20
suggestion: listen to mp3s below while watching.

^
Michael Nisi
www.cf-1.com
-
www.unescape.com
www.michaelnisi.com
-
##

Hi all. Here's my contribution to the International Day of Time Specific
Art:

Artist: The pHarmanaut with Galactus Zeit
Track: "less than three minutes"
Length: 2:06
Bitrate: 128 kbps
File Size:
File:
http://www.commtom.com/audio/galactuszeit/pHarmanaut_less_than_3min.mp3
Notes: The source material for this piece was gathered at 20:02 MST from the
usual assortment of gloomy news media available on the Web. The idea was to
turn these disturbing items into an ambient wash of intergalactic flotsam.
Each clip was cut at 20 seconds. Each of these clips were manipulated and
mixed into the present form which comes in at, if not 20m02s or 02m20s, then
at least less than three minutes. I'd hoped this to be somewhat soothing, an
opiate distilled from mass media.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Holzer" <derek@xxxxxx> To: <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <nice@xxxxxx> Cc: <jw@xxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 5:18 PM Subject: [microsound] Re: TODAY! 2002 2002

 My contribution to the International Day of Time Specific Art:

 "Snake's Tail :: 20.02.2002"
 A semi-palindromic audio work, by Derek Holzer
 Length: 2.20
 All audio gathered via SW & AM radio between 2 & 2.20 PM (GMT +1), Feb 20,
2002.
 Processing & Mixing completed 23.59 (GMT +1), Feb 20, 2002.
 Bitrate: 98 kbps
 File Size: 1.68 Mb
 Location:
 http://acoustic.space.re-lab.net/lab/mp3/snakes_tail.mp3
 Homepage:
 http://acoustic.space.re-lab.net/lab

--> --> TODAY IS THE DAY !!! --> --> 20 02 2002 THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF --> TIME SPECIFIC ART --> and palindromic possibilities........... --> --> mail me your contribution before midnight tonight to be included in
the
 --> web project 2002 2002
 -->
 --> jw@xxxxxxx
 -->
 -->
 -->
 --> Wednesday 20 February is an interesting date. Why ?  Because written
 --> numerically it makes the intriguingly symmetrical expression 2002 2002
 --> (thanks to Akiko Hada for pointing this out to me).  Early next
century
 --> we'll get the even more interesting date 1112 2111, but I can't wait
 --> that long........
 -->
 --> So I am taking the step of naming 20 02 2002  THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF
 --> TIME SPECIFIC ART
 --> and with that I invite you to participate in its observance:
 > -->
 > --> How - simply sometime during the day in question between 00.01 and
23.59
 > -->
 > --> make a little action, event, image, statement, sound... etc and
document
 -->
 --> it in a simple way
 -->
 --> And then what ?   email your statement, document, whatever to me
 --> <jw@xxxxxxx> quoting 2002 2002 in the subject line of your email.  I
 --> will collect all of the emails and attached items that arrive in
 --> response to this call and will assemble them in a simple online format
 --> which I will then present to Kunstnett Norge / Artnet Norway for
 --> presentation in their online gallery in March. I will accept email and
 --> attachments in the form of text files, JPEG images and audio files.
 --> Please don't send tons of images and sound files - stay within a
maximum
 -->
 --> of 1mb for total attachments.
 -->
 --> All participants will be credited and their email addresses will be
 --> posted along with their contributions. (If you don't want your email
 --> address to be posted, please specify this when submitting) If you have
 -->
 --> URL that you feel is relevant to your submission, please include that
 --> too.
 -->
 --> I hope to hear from as many of you out there as possible
 -->
 --> thanks in anticipation
 -->
 --> Jeremy Welsh