Re: SV: [microsound] Re: fileswapping is killing the record industry

The reason FAX, 12K etc are selling out all stock is that they print only as
many albums as they anticipate being able to sell. That means extremely
limited runs

>>>So whats your point? Selling out is what it is. Do you think if the internet dissapeared
tomorrow these labels would suddenly be pressing additional copies? Do research before writing.
Recording sales have increased by 17% in the last 10 years. There is a fringe element sucking up
up on an estimated 85% of downloaded music. Many of these collectors have literally 1,000's of
titles for bragging rights - never bothering to even listen to them. The corporate BS machine that
is the RIAA actually has folks feeling pity on them. I know tons of independent labels owners,
musicians and artists* that tell me they remain completely unaffected by the advent of the
terrible, horrible ripperz. Same goes for the warez industry. read Mr. Gates shoulder -shrugging
statements concerning the cracking of Windows XP Home/Pro.
Alarmist will always find a cause to get fired up about. Chill-out and let nature run it's corse.
I PROMISE all the music we know and love will still be going strong when your pushing up daises...

*(I have been reviewing fringe music for over 20 years in almost 2 dozen magazines)

=====
http://www.nemesistnt.org
http://www.altnet.ru/~websonic/plugins/plugins.htm
http://deep.at/softreef (enter site, click home (top left) then name and I.D.#)