Re: [microsound] article on NN

on 3/06/02 4:23 PM, stephan mathieu at sssst@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ---
>> "avantgarde".
>
> hello
> i saw netochka perform live last years october at the earational festival in
> den bosch. her set was beautiful, among the most soulful sinewave music i've
> heard so far. in a black, green, white mood her visual work was very simple
> and poetic. i enjoyed her performance a lot.
> - stephan

  Some of NN's arguments remind me of things I have heard from east european
artists( though maybe I'm reading something into it); especially one or two
who were from what they used to call east germany. Those people would
structure their surroundings extensively acording to their visions and also
make alot of consumer goods ( food , clothing ,furniture ) themselves
instead of just buying things all the time. There were reports of being able
to buy lots of fresh foods and even wild game when one went shopping.

 The people I knew were really creative and sometimes would get
passionately  defensive if someone told them the standard of living wasn't
high enough.

  On a different note. . . are you going to include your madonna piece ? I
 think it's really a good one.

                              Bill