Re: [microsound] Dewey Decimal System.

welcome to the discrete imposed over the continuous.  personally i found
this article to be loaded with much of the some bull honky that i find
in wired magazine (well, last i read wired magazine which was something
like a year ago).  the concepts in the beginning seemed to be well
formed, but as the article wore on there was a sense of wishing and
unthought out projection of an idealized theory of the future production
of music.  in my mind i saw this picture of the actual scope of music
being closed down by the formation of a way for musical styles to
proliferate.  it's sort of the theory that if you make the space
smaller, you are more likely to explore more of it.  i don't have the
patience right now to expand on the thoughts, but at least the article
got me thinking a bit. :)

brad