frequencies installations:brief review

i visited the frequencies installations in Frankfurt
yesterday, as a whole i was disappointed. the
highlights in my opinion were the mark bain, tommi
gronlund/petteri nisunen, ryoji ikeda, carsten
nicolai, and one of the franz pomassl pieces were the
highlights,

the mika vainio piece would have been wonderful, but
the audio(obnoxious disco) from the angela bulloch
installation ruined the experience for me.

the carsten nicolai frozen water piece was rather weak
as well, i dont feel there was enough of a change in
the sound to represent the purpose of the
installation. but his installation at the entrance was
great.

the ryoji ikeda installation was by far the most
amazing.

i attended the sonic boom exhibit in London in 2000,
and i felt this exhibition(frequencies) is weak in
comparison. if you are in Frankfurt or traveling
through its worth a stop.

you can find info on this installation at:
http://www.schirn-kunsthalle.de/

j.frede
current location:stuttgart
http://ritualdocument.com/jfrede