Re: [microsound] belgian lister help me out?

Greg,

it was a nice set. i'm sorry to have only caught the end of it. my [dutch]
girlfriend read this over my shoulder. i typed. here's your translation...

best,
derek

"The American duo Twine was in Europe for the first time, and that was obvious.
With almost childish enthusiam, they made pictures of everything that was even
kind of moving during the whole day, and they were standing at each concert
with almost lights in their eyes. In musical terms, they shouldn't be any less
than their colleges. Last year, "Circulation" (on Komplott) appeared, and is a
masterful exploration of sound and structures inspired by experimental
electronic research, as well as by the electro-acoustic compositions of
Stockhausen and co. A well-thought and organic play of acoustic and electronic
tones, ungraspable voices, and ambient-spheres. This year, new releases will
appear on labels such as Bip-Hop and Hefty, and we could already see the state
of those. The first conclusion: beats! While on "Circulation", beats have
almost constantly have been avoided till now, their live set was composed of
mutant and abstract beats which on the whole gave more punch but at the same
time reduced the subtleties. What resulted was a strong set of glitch, which--
despite the innovative architecture--their records so overwhelming lacked. But
still, strong and promising. Explore!"

Quoting "Greg::Malcolm ." <gemalcolm@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

--> http://www.urbanmag.be/reboot01072001/html/super/artindex.html?
rubriek=muziek
-->
--> click on the KRAAK3 festival review...it's in flemish and unfortunately i
-->
--> don't speak it...can one of our belgian friends translate this into
--> english?
--> or in the least the part of the article refering to the twine
--> performance.
-->
--> thanks, contact me off-list if you can help.
-->
--> Greg Malcolm
--> T w i n e///S o u n d
--> --------------------------------------------------------¤