slapart.com

PRESS RELEASE
(for immediate release)

New Online Label and Artist Community Offers Four Digital Releases for
Download

Slapart is proud to announce the launch of www.slapart.com.  You will come
to know and love slapart.com as a resource for digital and experimental art
and as a home to a growing body of slapart-released works.  Now, and in the
future, you will see a growing body of .mp3s, .pdfs, audio tapes, CDs, etc.
being released and promoted through the site.

Slapart hopes to bring together both digital and physical works and their
creators to form an on-line community with a visible presence in the
off-line world.  Though our goal is utopian, our focus is product.  We aim
to get as much art to as many people, in the most direct way possible.
 Based in Brooklyn, New York, we have a roster of artists based there and in
the Hudson Valley, California, Montreal and Seattle.  If you would like to
join our happy conglomerate, please send inquiries to admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Expect more releases frequently.

For now, you can download our current releases at http://www.slapart.com
slapMP3_oo1
n.kra "folsom"

Brooklyn electronicist n.kra (technoh.com, notype.com, regular participant
in Lloop?s SHARE collective) offers up a unique perspective on Johnny Cash?s
classic song "Folsom Prison Blues." In the past few years, n.kra has wielded
a laptop guitar in opening for the DAT Politics and Konk Pack and performed
in an incarnation of Eddie Prevost?s Procession.  For this release, he
unleashes the Powerbook, and its panoply of digital tools and processes, for
ten one-minute tracks to be played in any order.
slapMP3_oo2
dr. moldy fingers "thebigbeetmistake"

v.stevenson (tiln.net, reodjectz.com) is the greatest Max user you?ve never
heard about.  His patches astound  you with their complexity and we?ll just
have to leave it at that.  For "thebigbeetmistake," the multi-talented V,
who also makes installations, photos, 3-D drawings and other digitalia,
tackles the perpetual problem of confronting a young electronic musician?s
inevitable roots: techno.  "bigbeet" sees the good doctor dropping old
Maxed-out sound files into sequencers and vice versa to create beat-oriented
tracks unlike any you?ve ever heard. V even takes a turn or two (or three)
at singing a line.  See if you can tell which track was made in 1997!
slapPDF_oo1
david ivan janik "An Old Saying"

When not locked up in the Softskull Press hearing the thump-thump whiz-bang
from next door neighbor Tonic and when not playing drums with music outfit
Company, David Ivan Janik is locked up in his room with a tumbler of whiskey
and a typewriter writing poetry for the Free Lunch Press.  A hulking
red-bearded Leif Ericsson-type figure, Janik storms the shores of slapart,
pillaging our villages and stealing our wives, reminding us that this world
is not just made up of 1s and 0s.
slapMOV_oo1
scott staton "snt"

Though a bookworm by trade, Staton knows a thing or two about Adobe
Premiere, being coached by DV stalwarts Leah Gilliam and Martin Arnold.
 After a night of hard drinking with Christian Fennesz and Martin Arnold,
Scott showed the illustrious Austrian pair this video.  How could they not
like its blazing video and scorching audio soundtrack?  More importantly,
how could YOU not?

--Boundary_(ID_EEQpcGI3oEjlx0T2lKfZzQ)