Re: [microsound] Ars Electronica

> Is the technology behind the work so
> transparent that once everyone is using it, it becomes old/used up in such
> a way that we need new tools and techniques to freshen things up?

or just the reverse: the technology is so opaque that hardly any artists are
able to express a unique vision without the tools coloring both the form +
content of the work.

> is the capitalist engine grinding through ideas in such a way that it
> constantly needs to present something new that you "need to have", the
> disposable attitude that pervades every aspect of our consumer culture?

one of the reasons authentic work is authentic, is because it doesn't assist
in its own commodification.

is authenticity always the same as "the new"? well maybe not. but --
if work is both authentic + new, you can be certain it will make many people
uncomfortable. and thus it won't be a very good commodity.

http://www.miau-miau.com