Re: [microsound] Songs in the Key of F12

yes - from o.blaat's (keiko uenishi's) regularly-occurring email updates:

share is still on! - sundays @openair
after reading the somewhat weird article on the current issue ('music
issue'!
they dared to call it?!?) of 'wired' mag, i feel like the boring milli
vanilli enthusiast?!?
oh no. the writer picked up all the cliche jokes on laptoppers in general i
was poking about.
and dumped all the important things i actually cared about...
(and! i wasn't saying anything about 'milli vanilli'. and mr. davis
mis-quoted the lloop's favorite
quote 'future is not one song on pop chart which everyone loves, but one
application with which everyone can
write their own songs'! i said i love his quote.
not only the source, the mis-quote was very much mis-leading..
maybe catchy for typical computer geeks' mag??! even... i doubt it. silly!!)
it also failed to mention the very important fact that i chose the laptop
_especially_ because the
gear makes performers very boring to look at!
'looking always at performers can be boring! more options to relate to live
music can be
somehow more interesting...' has been my thing. (my subject of obsession;.)
in any case, 's the very rotten boring argument!
but media still cares about it? it seems....
anyway... media's confusingly favorite party.
in fact, it's much better than they'd think.
super low-key nice sunday gatherings are still there:)

SHARE-assemblage of portable computers.
    (and now, any portable non-computers as well:)
        microcassette player? mobile phones?
     data exchange , performances , MP3Jing

        sunday afternoons 5-9

5-8  jam
Totally freeform walk-in jam. All spontaneous.
Bring in your portable. If there is a slot available,
you can plug & play. Play solo, or play with somebody
if you & somebody agree on the spot! Multiple would
be fun too! and also these hours are perfect to exchange
datas & mp3s etc. bring your ethernet cable &/or firewire
cable just in case...

(& barry manalog, our host sez...)
Also , I keep forgetting .
happy hour deals on drinks
my favorite , 3$ drafts .
no matter how
bad it gets in NYC , you are still
surrounded by high tech (& whatever tech),
and cheap beer .

8-9
     TBA (or be surprised?;)

As always, come to listen , come to trade , or
drive that hangover away .
computer not required .

FREE
[ ]PENAIR