RE: [microsound] Deleuze dis-Influence on Post Digital Music

 dudes, like the first rule of "Byte Club" is that you do not talk about "Byte Club"...
  Christopher Sorg <csorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, David Fodel wrote:

> i think the idea of a round-robin microsound boxing tournament is a great
> idea. it certainly beats the hell outta staring at our laptops (pun
> intended) in terms of entertainment value for the audience.
> maybe we have contact mics on all participants and the ring is surrounded by
> laptop artists "re-mixing" the match "blow-by-blow". maybe the mix is
> controlled by the positions of the boxers in the ring as well...
>
> we could call it Bit Bashers or The Binary Brawl or Laptop Licks or The
> Thrilla in Mozilla...

I think we should use MIDI-controlled Rockem' Sockem' Robots controlled
via a Max-patch. I can just hear it now:

ANNOUNCER: Looks like Red is pulling a Fibonacci
sequence..oh..wait..Blue's countering with a Xenakis stochastic
uppercut...this is great, folks!

_- -__- -__- -__- -__- -__- -__- -__-

Christopher Sorg/20goto10
Multimedia Artist/Instructor
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
http://csorg.cjb.net
csorg@xxxxxxxxx

/"\
\ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign