Re: [microsound] call for content | Digital Salvage v.1

> "It seems more emphasis is being put on the medium (technology) being
> used to make the art than the artwork itself."

-----
that might be the case with artists or groups such as exonemo and sometimes
jodi
(depending on the perceiver's opinion, of course) , but there are those net
artists which
come close to totally erasing the value of technology... or let me say somehow
making a perceiver forget
that ech is involved....for example, mouchette.
it's hard to say really how much the net is connected to or engrained in
"technology"
and what is actually considered technology...blah x 3...is a lighter
considered, technology.
how seperated can they actually be...could be said to be outdated or
half-assed.
it's hard (read impossible) to draw the line, i think.
even sounds that sound organic or "non-computerized" can actually be
ultra-digital,
of course. so, where does that put technique, skill and technology
vs. the art itself? (rhetoric)
here in japan, there are quite a few (mostly visual) artists who use technology

as the core or pivot point of the art itself. the highway and the vehicle.
i'm thinking the only reason one would want to seperate the two, art and tech,
would be to have a debate about which is better or more "important",
which i don't really find necessary or reasonable.

my 2-bit mini-theory,
kelly

http://www.microsound.org/mcdonna/
http://www.disndatrecords.com/dotcoma.html