Re: [microsound] PowerBore

now this line of argument has some interesting twists and turns...firstly i was speaking to some people about this argument and we were talking about watching pimmon play his laptop. the fact that his facial expressions etc were easily enough to hold ones interest. he is clearly playing when he performs.

it also leads to the line where people over use their guestural interfaces. the worst off the top of my head (although not laptop) is david shea and his concert pianist style. the audience can't help but smirk, giggle and laugh out loud.
also i am remembering watching an evan parker quartet where a laptop guy was effecting the percussionists sound. he had a pad with a pen and was guesturally doing the most inane things to the audio. but he was really really into his "musical" movements.

anyways
caleb~
--
http://laudible.net/impaud