[microsound] BIG TORINO reminder DUMIA

|   |      |   |   |   |   |   |   |  |  |   |   |

 > Fabio Selvafiorita, Raphael Monzini e Simone Fantozzi

Il silenzio del suono - Rappresentatione sonora di Anima, Corpo et Algoritmo

(The sound of silence - Sonic representation of Soul, Body and Algorithm)

8 Channel audio-installation for DUMIA (www.dumia.org)
18 may 2002 P.zza Reale, Torino, Italy.

...Dumia isa religious place, a building and an event
...in tune with our time and its interethnic needs. In Italy,
...despite the growing interest for dialogue among religions,
...no structure had ever been built explicitely with this purpose.
...Dumia goes beyond the limits of BIG Torino, and tries to operate
...as an antenna resonating on the waves that propagate through
...Italian society at the beginning of the millenium.
...Dumia is an aluminum dome, built with arches, and covering a
...large empty interior place lit by beams of light from the outside
...At night, the direction of light reverses.
...Dumia has been designed as a structure that can travel and
...act as a catalyst for dialogue and the coming together of
...different religions in different places.
...Aluminum has been chosen because it is a contemporary high
...performance material that fits in with the concept of Dumia

"BIG Torino 2002 is dedicated to young artists under