bufferFuct

I've uploaded my contribution to the bufferFuct project, entitled
"mediator of memory."  I came up with the title by entering the word
'buffer' into Alta Vista's translation site and pushing the word back
and forth between English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, and
Portugese.  I also tried 'buffer' in combination with 'f--ked,' but when
the term "kissed shock absorber" came back, I decided to stick with the
original plan (although 'shock absorber' is interesting as well).

I bring this up because of the compositional process I've been using
lately involves a sort of alchemical transformation between states, such
as pushing sound files back and forth in an image-to-sound converter
(and, yes, Photoshop as well).

I wrote the piece last night after a conversation with a friend about
the novels of Cormac McCarthy, specifically the idea of border
crossing.  Assuming the role of 'atravesado,' my friend's word for the
role of the reader of McCarthy's works, I approached Kim's samples from
the point of view of confronting the Other, and arranged my sound files
according to a visual model of border porosity.  By doing this I hope to
incorporate the idea of the score in my work, or at least have more
lateral movement between the aural and visual.

Speaking of remix projects, I was wondering if anyone else is planning
to submit to the John Watermann tribute project.    Kim says the project
is still open . . .

G.