Re: [microsound] melody

with a nod to Ornette, I shall offer the following bumper sticker
philosophy:

rhythm, melody, and harmony are constantly shifting and switching duties.
it's the pitch, timbre and texture that sheds light and allows you to decide
which one you think you're hearing...

s.

> melody and rhythm are of course one of the basic and
> most important elements of all music in general and
> many musicians use them in different ways. i think
> it's always good when there are further explorations
> in the melody-field.

While this is essentially true, I think that harmony tends to get
overlooked often.
It seems that a lot of electronic musicians, who frown on mostly
rhythmic compositions, seem to look toward melodic lines. (e.g.
so-called "melodic IDM").
My big problem (not really ;) ) is that not enough electronic musicians
are really trying to explore the area of mulitple parts harmonies and
counterpoint while tying it into complicated rhythmic structures.