RE: [microsound] [OT] MAC downloading was Re: [microsound] sad mac studies

While the subject is current here, I might add here (for anyone who has experienced a related trouble) that MP3 links in Flash by way of IE (once Quicktime has been installed as a plugin for Windows, sadly the OS I have for my daytime T1 connection) are tricky to download as well, with the context menu not working in such situations. My solution for these pages is to use Netscape (4 not the terrible 6), let the Quicktime plugin launch, wait until the loading indicator has run its course, and then dig the downloaded file (renamed something random but otherwise fully functional) out of Netscape's cache folder. I am looking forward to downloading these sad mac studies tomorrow.
--
Joshua Maremont / Thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boxman Studies Label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/