RE: [microsound] real or memorex?

> >Wouldn't it be quite the scandal if Kim Cascone said that a computer had
> >been writing his music all these years? (tongue firmly in cheek)
>
> but seriously, my Max/MSP patch plays an equal part in the composition of
> my music so in a sense my laptop does share in the writing tasks

I had read the article on microsound in the latest issue of Musicworks,
hence my smart-ass remark :)  I'm very interested in the way you are using
Max/MSP to introduce randomness into the live performance, as well as the
more conceptual construction/use of Max for performance.  I think it's a
real challenge to go beyond building patches that are merely DSP/soft
synths/sample players.  I still need to *hear* it...

> for my perspective on the laptop issue please DL my recent essay for
> Parachute Journal
>  http://www.bitsteam.de/LaptopMusic2.pdf

Also, I'm certain I read this before I made some of my comments about laptop
performance, so there was probably some idea bleed there.  Interesting that
Luomo/Vladislav Delay show at the Empty Bottle last week demonstrated all
the troubles that have been brought up on the matter..

     Christopher Sorg
   Multimedia Artist/Instructor
 The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
   http://csorg.cjb.net
     csorg@xxxxxxxxx