Re: [microsound] another satisfied customer

I didn't label you as an elitist.  That was another respondent.

You seem more than willing to label him an idiot after reading 1 email.  Is
that less narrow minded than him deciding he doesn't  like a type of music
after hearing some?  Which is more complex to get an understanding of, a
type of music or a human being?  How much music would he have to listen to
before it is ok for him not to like it?    When would you be satisfied?

While I agree his email to an artist might have been harsh, who here hasn't
spoken badly about artist (in any medium) we don't like.  Is the problem
that he disliked music made by someone you seem to know ("Josh") and or
admire to a certain extent?  Somehow I think that the author was ripping on
some style of music or Musician that you didn't like either he would be met
with a "HELL YEAH" instead of all this digging into his research and
motivations. Narrow mindedness is not defined by who disagrees with your
personal tastes and allegiances.

> If everyone was like this fellow everyone would like the same thing in any
> creative arts.  From fine art to sculpture, to music, film, you name it.
> The concept of "Abstract" would be nonexhistant.

I find this almost laughable.  The guy doesn't like lowercase music and all
of the sudden he is an enemy of free expression the world over.  I mean
please, how can you not think you are jumping to conclusions any less than
the person you are criticisizing?  This rhetorical flourish is paramount
with equating someone to the nazis just to end a conversation.

> Whatever tho, you are entitled to your opinion just as the "anonymous
> critic" was.

This statement puzzles me.  While I appreciate your permission for me to
have my own opinion, you then go on to say I am as entitled to it as the
email author.  From what I can tell you don't seem to think the email author
has earned a right to his opinion just yet - do you truly think I have
earned mine?

rw

--Boundary_(ID_y+OdN+Py8zDGC1eO9ohBUQ)