Re: [microsound] another satisfied customer

"""Narrow mindedness is not defined by who disagrees with your
personal tastes and allegiances."""

Thats my point.  Specially when he goes out of his way to attack someone
verbally.

"""You seem more than willing to label him an idiot after reading 1 email.
Is
that less narrow minded than him deciding he doesn't  like a type of music
after hearing some?  Which is more complex to get an understanding of, a
type of music or a human being?  How much music would he have to listen to
before it is ok for him not to like it?    When would you be satisfied?"""

I agree with you here, but as i said in my last e-mail his lack of respect
for someone he does not know as well that the creative efforst of said
person, is the whole point of this silly little fiasco.   I have no problem
with his distaste for the genre.  To each is own.

"""I find this almost laughable.  The guy doesn't like lowercase music and
all
of the sudden he is an enemy of free expression the world over.  I mean
please, how can you not think you are jumping to conclusions any less than
the person you are criticisizing?  This rhetorical flourish is paramount
with equating someone to the nazis just to end a conversation."""

It has nothing to do with his distaste for lowercase music.  It has to do
more with his inability to investigate something he doesnt like, and if he
did, his behaviour shows poorly about his character.  That what led me to
label him an idiot.  Not because he disagrees with a viewpoint of mine, but
because of his total lack of respect.

"""This statement puzzles me.  While I appreciate your permission for me to
have my own opinion, you then go on to say I am as entitled to it as the
email author.  From what I can tell you don't seem to think the email author
has earned a right to his opinion just yet - do you truly think I have
earned mine?"""

Man you really like to make broad generalizations about my intent.  I dont
respect his opinion because of his attitude.  If he disrespects anything
that he dislikes then that to me is ignorant.

I do respect your opinion.  Even tho we havent seen eye to eye on the
subject matter at hand you were still able to act like a intelligible,
respectful  human being, which unfortunatley our critic is incapable of.
Maybe i was a little defensive about your comment because i dont consider
myself elitist.  I enjoy anyones creative effort.  The creative process is a
beautiful thing, and i seriously respect it.  I have actually never even
heard any of Josh's work.  The content and quality are irrelevent(whos to
judge anyway)  I have a respect for his intention's as well as the effort he
has put forth.  I think you can appreciate that as well.  If i offended
someone by calling our critic an IDIOT then i apologize, it wasnt my
intention.  More voicing my frustration  towards ignorant attitudes.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

aLEKs

--Boundary_(ID_y+OdN+Py8zDGC1eO9ohBUQ)