LK noticias: early summer sun

Lucky Kitchen Noticias.

Contents:
1. New CD: Tetsu Inoue and Stephen Vitiello with Andrew Deutsch
2. Shows.
3. Prix Ars Electronica.
4. DAT donations.
5. Message to woman musicians and music fans.

1. New this month on our Sparkling Composers Series:

LK017
CD Aprox. 50:00 minutes
"Humming Bird Feeder VER 0.2"
by Tetsu Inoue and Stephen Vitiello with Andrew Deutsch

Lovely, ultra-special first-time collaboration between these veteran
computer sound artists housed in a new ravishing package design.

Digital music composer Tetsu Inoue has released more than 40 albums
through Emi, Caipirinha (Sire records), Rather Interesting,12k,
Cycling74, Tzadik, Fax, and Instinct as well as his own Otodisc label.

Stephen Vitiello is a sound artist from New York.?He has released work
recently with New Albion, and was in the Whitney Biennial of American
Art in New York.« He has also collaborated over the years with several
respected artists including Pauline Oliveros and Scanner.

Andrew Deutsch is a sound/ video artist who lives in Hornell, NY and
teaches Sound Art at Alfred University. He is a member of the Institute
for Electronic Art at Alfred University and the Pauline Oliveros
Foundation Board of Directors. He is the founder operator of his Magic
If label dedicated to experimental electronic music and hand produced
packaging.?Deutsch has music released on CDs through Magic If, Deep
Listening Publications, and JdK.

The "Humming Bird Feeder" CD the CD includes HBF, a stereo mix of
Stephen's installation created for Diapason Gallery in NYC with remixes
by Andrew and Tetsu. These tracks share the bill with new digital music
by Tetsu influenced by the atmosphere of the humming bird feeder. What
remains is a striking mixture of "music" and "sound" and the
electronic/acoustic interfaces that drive the contemporary composer.

Sparkling Composers Series (continued)
To be released June-August 2002:

LK018 Toshiyuki Kobayashi "Drawing Sound, Coloring Time" (Spectral
Landscapes, lush and quiet)
LK019 Stephan Mathieu "Die Entdeckung des Wetters" (Calm, gorgeous
sounds from this hardworking German musician.)
LK020 Thom Kubli "Labortag" (Delicate spiral construction and field
recordings of science in action from a well known German biogenetics
lab.)

Great work still fresh to the ears.

LK011 I love Fantasy. v/a
LK012 A.F.R.I. Studios. (softl music) "goodbye if you call that gone"
LK013 Aerospace Soundwise (from TV Pow) "monologue with accompaniment"
LK014 Alejandra and Aeron "the tale of pip"
LK015 Joshua Abrams (From Town and Country) "busride interview"
LK016 Toshiya Tsunoda "Pieces of Air"  (See review in June the Wire)

September 2002: The Sparkling Composers Box Set. Limited to a numbered
edition of 100. Get the whole series for a great price in an LK
designed box.  Sounds that will footnote tomorrow's history books: on
your shelf today.

All work available direct from Lucky Kitchen via
http://www.luckykitchen.com/lkpal.html
or through only the FINEST distribution networks
Digital Narcis
Anomalous
Lowlands
Cargo
Ici D'Ailleurs
Amanita
M Dos

2. Shows:

Alejandra and Aeron played Lampo in Chicago: read the critic's pick of
the week in the Chicago Reader:
http://www.luckykitchen.com/reader.html
(Thanks to Andrew and Alisa from Lampo and El Instituto Cervantes)

Lucky Kitchen in the Data Square at the Sonic Process traveling
exhibition:
Barcelona: CCB
Paris: Centre Pompidou
Portugal: tba

Ertz Festival in Bera, Nafarroa (Pais Vasco/Euskadi -northern Spain)
http://www.ertza.net
2002/6/6 20:30
««EXPERIMENTAL VIDEO SELECTION

2002/6/7 21:00
««ALEJANDRA & AERON - A.F.R.I. STUDIOS -  TOM STEINLE  - ALKU
 TZESNE

2002/6/8?21:00
««« OREN AMBARCHI - ALEX MENDIZABAL - AKAUZAZTE - MATTIN
««« BASSIFONDI ORCHESTRA aka CHRIS BLAZEN

2002/6/9 12:00
««« CURVA CHIUSA

3. Prix Ars Electronica News
Linz, Austria
http://www.aec.at/festival2002/

Alejandra and Aeron win an award of distinction in the Digital Music
category for two
works:  the Tale of Pip, and (Re)Visionland.  (thanks to Diskono for
making (RE)Visionland possible, and to Extrapool for the Tale of Pip)
A & A "We will use the prize to make more CDs for YOU !"
Congratulations to Yasunao Tone for the well earned Golden Nica.

4. DAT Donations:

Big thanks to this cool LONG list of super individuals for making 100
or 200 dollar donations to the Lucky Kitchen "buy us a DAT" fund:

Xavier Gautier
Ultra Red
Diskono
Fallt (Christopher Murphy)
Jacob Ludvigsen

They will get 10 years of Lucky Kitchen discs.  So far, we have made
about a million ebay bids with no luck, the last one we lost with 30
seconds to go...  meanwhile, we have heard about 10 sounds that simply
NEEDED to be recorded including a roomfull of children playing toy
xylophones: the fish that got away...

Thanks to everyone who has expressed general support of Lucky Kitchen
whether or not donations were made.

5. Message to women musicians and music fans:

ATTENTION WOMEN (and smart (not wise) guys):  SEND DEMOS. BUY LUCKY
KITCHEN DISCS.  GO TO THE STORE, OR TO OUR WEBSITE, TAKE OUT YOUR MONEY
AND THEN BUY OUR DISCS. Dont let the man determine what you support
(ie. the same old b.s.). Avoid "alternative" same ol same ol rock
distribution systems pumping that mediocre nerd boy corporate culture
shit after all these years: you have the power to break those straps.
grrrr  ahrrrr grrrr

send [remove] in the subject line to be removed from this list.

=====
lucky kitchen
damn sweet electronics
http://www.luckykitchen.com