RE: [microsound] the political economy of patronage

On 6/6/02 at 9:40 AM, Philip Sherburne <psherburne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Ahem... now would be a lovely chance for anyone who attended
> the MUTEK panel on Canadian gov't arts funding to join the
> conversation... :)

Sounds good! I'd be curious to hear people's opinions/thoughts on the
public funding of the DISTRIBUTION (in this case music) of cultural
production. This, to me, is where the big media conglomerates really
have the stranglehold.

Equipment access, which was a big problem for video artists in the
70's/80's, isn't so much a problem now.

Also, some of the issues of "artist support" might disappear if they
could actually get their work out (ie sell) to the larger audience
that's dependent Costco and Z-100 radio for their cultural experiences.

....and maybe Kim could get paid to monkey with the [microsound] server!

-Tad