Max/MSP sound quality

>MSP is not sounding as good as Kyma or SuperCollider and not as
>cpu-effective as SC.

I've heard other people say that Max/MSP doesn't sound as good as
SuperCollider and I seem to remember Gregory addressing this issue some
time back either on this list or on the Max list...but I do notice that
SuperCollider sounds very 'present'...sorry, I know that's a subjective
phrase but can't think of any other way to describe it...I have not A/B'd
Max/MSP and SuperCollider but was wondering if anyone has done any
comparison type experiments?
KIM