Re: [microsound] globe & mail article

i find herbert's 'global' message, with the gap bag on his head and his hands in the air, to already feel as dated as gil scott heron's songs about regan. i think this is a quote of brinkman's about himself, but it seems fitting
'not nearly subversive enough'

>>i totally agree. i like the sentiment, for sure, but i guess i dont like being served something that obvious/over the top. it kinda reminds of the movie, american beauty. good movie but it was a pretty obvious statement on the phoniness of middleclass values that most moviegoers found illuminating for some reason. it almost feels dumbed down to me, like some angry shit i did in highschool. yeah, i hate rampant corporate america and big business but i think i can represent it with more sophistication.

i guess this kind of over the top message is right in line with his near vaudville style.
perhaps he is the next electro ambasador to the masses....

>>maybe he can be the whipping boy for the glitch pop revolution (a Spin or Rolling Stone cover)? musically though, he's great. i wish the political content would be less prominent though.

at least his music is better than moby's

:)

v'