Re: [microsound] Recording Sounds

hello,

you might like to check out quiet american's site - www.quietamerican.org .. he's done a little bit of a write-up about this sort of thing, so there's lots of discussion of MD vs DAT, mics, techniques etc. it's pretty good.

Also ... I saw a pic recently of someone recording the sound of a ceiling
fan with a mic that looked like a wire connected to a flat panel.  What is
that?  Where in the hell did I see that?  Is this my life?

i may be wrong, having never used one myself, but i'm guessing that was probably a contact mic?

take good care,
jon.

http://home.pacific.net.au/~transmit