Re: [microsound] what is lowercase ?

> --- andy <graybeal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > what is
>lowercase music and how does it fit around
>> or in microsound?
>> -andy
>
>what's the difference between lowercase and
>microsound? isn't that supposed to be the same thing?
>i'm not sure, but i never see music in genres anyway.
>there's no microsound or lowercase, there are just
>many different artists and musics. but if you're
>asking what is microsound/lowercase music, maybe a
>simple explanation could be: listen komet album
>'rausch' or z.e.l.l.e. album 'nth' released by 12k and
>line labels, - that's microsound. however this
>explanation sounds stupid, you can be sure that both
>albums are first masterpieces, and than maybe microsound.

hi boban+++many thanks for quoting our "nth" as a masterpiece in the genre
(our new album "rjct::nw" - as yet unreleased - i even better, but i'm
partial here...). funny it has been released already one year ago, and it
was recorded at the end of 2000.
anyway i want to state that our main influence isn't so-called microsound
(lowercase sound, minimal electronica or whatever...), but musique
concrete. in fact we deal with the same "narrative of memory" of schaeffer
(and henry) output, the same idea of directly experiencing the world
thorough (the act of) listening.
also, in another message you wrote:

>> c) headphones - maybe some very quiet music that i
>like. i'll try to listen zelle album nth on
>headphones, although this album sounds good on
>speakers, but with volume twice higher that all other
>music i've heard. it's really very very quiet, but
>amazing.

well, listening to "nth" on headphones is okay, but not recommended: our
music is exactly conceived to mingle and be confused with the listening
environment noises, or better with the acoustical complexity of the world.
thanks for your observations anywy and sorry list for bothering with such
these personal ramblings.
ciao :: nicola

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

{ { d i s c o g r a p h y } }

z-e-l-l-e | nth | line (aug 2001)
"zen enlightenment lifts life energy" on tu M'p3 http://www.tu-m.com (jan 2002)

UPCOMING
z-e-l-l-e | rjctd::nw | TBA (TBA)

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

REVIEWS http://www.12k.com/line/linepress.htm
BIO/DISCOGRAPHY http://www.12k.com/line/zelle.htm

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

"fonorama"
bi-weekly radio programme on rai-radio3 (third channel of italian national
broadcasting company) http://www.radio.rai.it/radio3

NICOLA CATALANO
c/o MAURIZIO MARTUSCIELLO
Via Sant'Arcangelo di Romagna, 45