Re: [microsound] Brainwaves/EEG based performance or recordings

hi jason,
check out:
http://www.ibva.com/

a hardware (well, not very hard...) for which a friend wrote a max/msp interface patch...

best future,
john

Hello all,

I'm writing a thesis entitled 'psychotropic orientations in electroacoustic composition.' I am looking at the ways sound artists have used EEG technology and/or ideas about brainwave entrainment/biofeedback in performance and recording.

In my research so far, I have looked at the 'academic' lineage of such artists (eg. David Rosenboom, SensorBand). I have also been put on to a whole range of 'New Age' artists and companies producing CDs for stress-relief and quasi-medical therapy applications.

Does anyone here know of artists in more 'experimental' areas using biometric equipment/output information or biofeedback principles to compose or perform?

cheers,
jason

Jason Patton
MPhil(NewMediaArts) candidate
Australian Centre for the Arts and Technology
Australian National University
Canberra 0200
Australia

e	| Jason.Patton@xxxxxxxxxx