From: pelagius pelagius [mailto:pela_gius@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 2:17 PM
To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [microsound] death of internet radio......fight back!! now

>From: Philip Sherburne <psherburne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>actually, that's incorrect, as i understand it. even indie-based stations
>will be subject. webcasters like beta lounge could end up tens, if not
>hundreds, of thousands of dollars in the hole. this could be absolutely
>catastrophic.

Yeah, I know and I'm not trying to downplay the issue.  I just think that
the end result could be that nobody (or at least many fewer stations) will
be webcasting major label music while underground music will probably
survive.  Who is going to go after a station playing all microsound all the
time?