RE: [microsound] death of internet radio......fight back!! now

soundexchange collects the money and then sits on it for free years if
it's unclaimed, after that it pockets it.

http://www.copyright.gov/carp/webcast_regs.html

§ 261.8 Unclaimed Funds.

If a Designated Agent is unable to identify or locate a Copyright Owner
or Performer who is entitled to receive a royalty payment under this
part, the Designated Agent shall retain the required payment in a
segregated trust account for a period of three (3) years from the date
of payment. No claim to such payment shall be valid after the expiration
of the three (3) year period. After the expiration of this period, the
unclaimed funds of the Designated Agent may first be applied to the
costs directly attributable to the administration of the royalty
payments due such unidentified Copyright Owners and Performers and shall
thereafter be allocated on a pro rata basis among the Designated
Agents(s) to be used to offset such Designated Agent(s) other costs of
collection and distribution of the royalty fees.

---
anton
seven.editor
http://www.nezzwerk.com/seven